Established in the year 1981, Sindhudurg is a district town in the city of Maharashtra which was carved out of the erstwhile Ratnagiri District. This small district town is a sight to behold place blessed with beaches, backwaters, waterfalls and pilgrimage destinations. The glory of the Maratha dynasty is still visible in each corner of Sindhudurg. Apart from the natural world, the Sindhudurg fort is also a prime attraction which was built by the great Maratha warrior king Chattrapati Shivaji in 1664. Those who are delicate lovers of varied food items, this district town is an ideal place for them to taste some of the tongue seducing sea food varieties.